– continuous improvement in animal welfare standards.
– best practice through knowledge and shared experience.
– recognition and benchmarking of other higher welfare standards.
– a globally recognised network of higher animal welfare schemes.
– frameworks to define higher welfare for the major species.
– evaluation tools that measure the impact of organisational policies.
– to global awareness of the importance of higher animal welfare in the food chain.
– to requests from a variety of stakeholders in retail, foodservice, farming and governments.
– to the demand for higher welfare products from recognised schemes.
– a consultancy service to enable stakeholders to achieve their animal welfare pledges.
– assessment and accreditation of schemes that want to be recognised as higher welfare.
– independent recognition of the integrity & clarity of higher welfare standards.