Entry level requirements
- Turkeys are sentient, feeling pain/suffering as well as joy/pleasure. Schemes should focus on reducing negative and increasing positive welfare towards a good life.
- Standards comply with EU Laws & Regulations.
- Standards ensure lifetime assurance, covering the entire lifetime of that animal (rear, farm, transport and slaughter).
- Standards are independently verified by a 3rd party once every calendar year. A robust, transparent certification process is in place with ongoing monitoring, feedback and improvement mechanism.
- Where criteria aren’t currently practical, programmes promote continuous improvement in other ways (Research, lobby government, work with industry) to facilitate systemic change towards outcome.